Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Jar of Clay

Davison and I decided to take a "mini vacation" before heading back to work and school next week. We came down to Vincennes on Saturday and have been staying at my Dad's.  I am relaxing by the pool, taking naps, visiting family, and working really hard at my new "lifestyle."  Davison.....well, Davison doesn't really relax, BUT he is having a great time and has been to the Knox County Fair, spent an afternoon with Dennis' dad, visited with cousins, and has done a lot of swimming.  All that being said, I did not weigh in yesterday.  I  want to only weigh on my scale at home for consistency.  This little break away from the scale has been really good for me as I was really becoming obsessed with weighing myself.  I did weigh Saturday morning before I left and had lost 20 pounds.  Here's hoping to something really impressive when I step on that scale next Monday!

While I have been happy with the results since my surgery, it has not been easy.  It is so weird to sit in a group of people that are chowing down on yummy food and I'm taking tiny bites of my two ounces of cottage cheese.  I am starting to get back some of my "tastes" for food and so I have to be a little more deliberate about what I'm doing/not doing!  There have been times, while at home, that I have just left the house to take a walk while my guys are eating dinner.  My go to playlist for those moments has been an album by Jars of Clay that they released in 2005.  It's an awesome album of remakes of hymns that I remember from going to church with my Grandma Alice when I was little. There is one song that has really spoken to be in those moments when I'm feeling frustrated, etc., etc.:)  "I Need Thee Every Hour".......

I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford
I need Thee every hour, stay Thou nearby
Temptations lose their power When Thou art nigh
I need thee, oh, I need thee, every hour I need Thee
I need thee, I need thee, I need Thee every hour
I need Thee every hour in joy or pain
Come quickly and abide or life is in vain
I need Thee, oh, I need Thee, every hour I need Thee
I need Thee, I need Thee, I need Thee every hour
I need Thee, I need Thee, I need Thee every hour
Oh, bless me now, my Savior, I come to Thee
Oh, bless me now, my Savior, I come to Thee
I need Thee every hour, teach me Thy will
And Thy rich promises in me fulfill
I need Thee, oh, I need Thee Oh I need Thee
every hour I need Thee, I need Thee, I need Thee
every hour I need Thee, I need Thee, I need Thee every hour
Oh, bless me now, my Savior, I come to Thee
There are times right now that I am thinking, I need Thee every minute!  The line "Temptations lose their power when thou art nigh" (nigh=near) really rings true in those earphones when I'm walking the streets of Camby at night while my boys are gathered around the dinner table.  There have been other times in my life when I have definitely felt this way and was reminded of that yesterday as July 30, 2012 marked twelve years since the loss of our precious Benjamin.  I know for a fact that I was carried through that time and I will always and forever be thankful for the many blessings and the amount of growing that came from that terrible experience.

In scripture, it talks about us being molded like clay by the Father's hands.....hence the name of the group "Jars of Clay."  I know that I have been molded, and molded, and molded over the years.  See, that's the idea....this process never ends, but we have to be willing to give it all up and let Him do His work.  It's not easy, remember....He never promised us a rose garden....but, it is worth it!  I am so looking forward to looking back in a year to see how I have been molded on the outside AND the inside....I don't believe one can be done without the other.

Off to finish my Carbmaster yogurt and hit the pool!
Peace,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment