Monday, August 6, 2012

Weigh In Day #2!!

Hellerrrr!! What a day! I headed back to the ol' job today and, I'm not gonna' lie, it was rough!  I wasn't overly busy, but my body was SCREAMING at me!! I'm currently having a flare-up of my fribromyalgia and it is kicking my butt, so this twelve and a half hours of work was a day of sheer will to get through it....and I did. Of course, participating in bringing two new little lives into the world sure did help a lot:)

On the very bright side, because I wasn't completely swamped today, I managed to keep on the water intake and ended up getting about 50 ounces in while I was at work...yay!  That was truly my biggest concern with getting back at it.  There are days when we are pushing it so hard that we don't even get a trip to the bathroom, but who needs it when you haven't had anything to drink!!  It's so important to stay hydrated as becoming dehydrated will only intensify the nausea and then a vicious cycle ensues.  I also managed to have a delightful lunch of cod and get a protein drink down while there.  Success!

The girls at work were all very sweet and encouraging today, too.  I even got a text from Andrea, who wasn't working today, welcoming me back and wishing me a good day.  It's nice to hear that the girls can see a difference in me, physically, when I'm not quite seeing it yet myself.  Have I mentioned how much I LOVE the girls I work with???  Kisses:)

Well, when I got home, I didn't think there was any way in the world I was going to take my daily walk....my feet hurt, my back was killing me, and I haven't even mentioned the pain of that darn sciatic nerve, yet!!  I came in the house, had a little salmon with cheese on it (my strange cravings are starting to make me feel like a pregnant woman!), chatted with Davison, and relaxed in Den's recliner.  Oh how it was sucking me in!!  Then Sheila started in with her bull, "I knew you couldn't do it."  "I knew you weren't going to keep up with the walking." "I knew you were going to fail!"  How dare she!!  I got up, got my shoes on, and grabbed my iPod.

That's right, I made it out for my walk! YAY! I changed up the music a little tonight and put some Jason Castro on.  Does anybody remember him?  He is that cutie pie young enough to be my son, dreadlock wearing, young man from American Idol a couple of seasons ago.  I just love him!  Just when I was about to quit short of my forty minute goal, my favorite song that he does came on...Hallelujah...that's the name of the song, "Hallelujah."  So, I headed back down my street....away from our house, and got my forty minutes in.  Thanks JC!!:)  By the way, I also really like "Travelin Through" (a Dolly Parton remake!), "Over the Rainbow," and "Who I Really Am."  He has a new single coming out tomorrow....check it out.

Okay, okay! It's Monday and weigh in day.  I was really pleased to meet my goal this morning....I really wanted to lose a certain amount of weight before heading back to work and I did it!  It's amazing what you can do when your stomach is the size of a large egg:)  I am now officially down thirty pounds!  I wish I could say that I am going to stay off of the scale until next Monday, but I am just not there yet....sorry, Katie:(  I appreciate Katie's encouragement to stay off the scale and quit focusing on the weight.  It is a GOAL, but I just know that I am not there yet...I'm already thinking about getting back on it in the morning.  I guess that's progress though....not thinking about weighing again tonight.

Have a blessed week, everybody.  My kiddos head back to school tomorrow.  I will officially have a Junior (YIKES!) and a fourth grader.  Enjoy those sweet, sweet babies...they grow up SO fast.

Peace,
K

3 comments:

  1. I saw you walking into the house a few days ago and I can tell! You look great! I'm so glad you're feeling pretty good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Krista! Shut that Sheila up!! I need to find a name for mine. I know what 30 down feels like so enjoy it! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete