Saturday, September 1, 2012

There's Been More Wogging!

WOW! That was quite a break from blogging! My mother sweetly mentioned to me yesterday that she is missing my blog updates and a dear sweet friend mentioned the same thing to me last week....so, I thought I would sit down on this "rainy" Saturday and give a few updates on my journey.

Top Seven Things That Have Kept Me Too Busy to Blog Over the Last Two Weeks

1.  Dennis went to India. That's right....Dennis was gone for about 11 days on a work trip to India.  His absence automatically makes me BUSY!!  Dennis is super involved with the boys, especially on the days I work. On those days he makes sure the boys get where they need to go in the morning and then again in the evening.  Without him here, that job is all mine!  I am super thankful for friends who step up and lovingly help me out while he is away.  I couldn't do it without them!!

2.  I went to Culver!!  This is an annual trip that I take with my girlfriends from work.  This was the thirteenth year that we all met at the target on North Michigan on a Friday morning and made the two hour drive to Culver, Indiana to spend time on the lake and at the "lakehouse" talking, laughing, crying, eating, etc.  This year was particularly special to us as we had lots of things happen in our lives over the last year....some super exciting and others scary, sad, and frustrating.  Whether exciting, scary, happy, sad....all of these events are life changing and I love that this particular group of women is supportive of one another always and constantly looking on the brighter side of life experiences.  I cannot express my gratitude to God enough for placing all of them in my life.  I have learned immeasureable truths about others and about myself through experiencing life with them over the last fifteen years. 

My mom came to stay with the boys so I could go on this trip with my peeps....I am blessed to have a mom who loves hanging out with my boys and who is willing to do just about anything for me!

3.  I Worked.  I have to admit, those twelve hour days are really getting to be difficult!  I worked three of them while Dennis was away, got to leave early one additional day because it wasn't busy and the boys were home along (thank you to those who made that possible:), and my girl Tammi came in to work my last four hours for me on Thursday so that I could go to Austin's soccer match. Thanks, Tammi....love ya!  Somehow I managed to be scheduled to work a lot of the days that Austin has soccer games this year and it KILLS me to miss games. (That may be a tad dramatic, but I really do hate missing anything the boys are doing.)

4.  The Boys Had Games/Practices, etc.  As I mentioned before, Dennis does a lot of the "running" with the boys in the evenings.  Getting them to practices (or making sure someone gets them there and home again) eats up a lot of time.  Then there are the games, which I love!  I am so happy that they both enjoy participating in sports....I'm really not sure what Dennis and I will do for entertainment when our boys are grown and out of the house:) 

You know, there was a time when I was barely twenty-one and was told by the surgeon who had removed my cancerous thyroid and nineteen cancerous lymphnodes the day before that I would likely never have children.  I was, needless to say, devestated.  The fact that God blessed me with Austin and Davison (and my baby angel Benjamin:) still rocks my world and I can think of NOTHING I would rather spend my time doing that carting them around.  I have found that car time is great bonding time....I mean, you have a captive audience and they can't go anywhere!  Austin and I have some of our best conversations in the car and Davison and I are developing that same "tradition." 

5.  Laundry!!  Seriously?!?!  The amount of time I spend on laundry is just ridiculous! (See #4....it seems to double the laundry.)

6.  Household Chores.  This is my "catch all" for dishes, meal prep, checking homework, filling out and signing various forms and papers for school, etc., taking care of Tilly (or making sure someone is taking care of her:), grocery shopping, packing lunches, etc.....Thank you, Lord, for blessing us with a comfortable home and the means to provide for our family!

7.  There's Been More Wogging!!  I can tell you that Sheila has taken a beating over the last couple of weeks!  I continue to walk everyday, although some of those walks are a bit shorter than others on those twelve hour work days.  I have gotten to the point of really enjoying my walks/wogs at Pioneer Park in Mooresville.  I actually enjoy the challenge of my little mole hill and now "wog" up it up to six times when I'm there.  I have actually starting "wogging" on many of my walks....something I have NEVER in my life done.  It's funny, I do not enjoy it, but I do enjoy the feeling of knowing that I did it!!  I continue to lose weight (I am working on a specific goal and hope to be able to report the good news on Monday:), and, while it is somehow embarrassing to me (I honestly think it's Sheila whispering to me..."Don't listen. They don't mean it.  Your success is short lived."), the many compliments I have received over the last couple of weeks are helping me to stay motivated.  I am truly feeling better and "moving" better.

I read a quote by Alfred Whitehead today that really touched home for me:
"Apart from God every activity is merely a passing whiff of insignificance."  My hope would be that I would never lose sight of this fact, but the reality is that I sometimes do.  I will continue to work toward a life that is full of moments that are made significant by keeping God in the center of them. 

Life is good!
Peace my peeps:)
K

No comments:

Post a Comment